Friday 4 February 2011

goooood newssssssss (he's alive!)

cool and the gang,
on my first attempt (this time, let's ignore all the other attempts spent over many weeks literally years ago) I've managed to fix oldron, my wrt54gr router

I'd 'bricked' him ages ago and I'd give up hope but after a couple of successes reviving my slug and an asus router I thought I'd try again

ok, this is what I did, nothing that special when-you-know (on Linux)
  1. grab the image from here: http://downloads.openwrt.org/kamikaze/8.09.2/rdc/
  2. switch networking off
  3. router's unpowered
  4. static your IP > sudo ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
  5. start pinging the router on 192.168.1.1
  6. plugged eth cable from laptop to LAN port on router
  7. prepared command to tftp > echo -e "binary\nrexmt60\ntrace\nput openwrt-rdc-squashfs-ar525w.img\n" | tftp 192.168.1.1
  8. click return and then plug power into the router
  9. observe acks to the tftp and a response to the ping, like this:...sent DATA...received ACK
  10. LEAVE it alone for 10 mins
  11. now do an nmap to see what ports are up :)
note openwrt's root password is 'root' too

No comments:

Post a Comment